This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How is libtool updated in GCC?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:41:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: How is libtool updated in GCC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BE8E48D9-D1BF-4EB7-81E9-198B39F32527 at gmail dot com>
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, FX wrote:
> How is libtool handled in GCC? Do we import from upstream, or merge the
> changes that we need? It looks like itâs done manually and selectively,
> but Iâd like confirmation of that.
If you import rather than selectively merging one change you need (I
think) to revert libtool commit 3334f7ed5851ef1e96b052f2984c4acdbf39e20c
(incompatible with GCC handling of sysroots), as well as updating all
three relevant repositories (GCC, binutils-gdb, src - I'm not sure if
anything in binutils-gdb actually uses libtool but it has the files at
Joseph S. Myers