This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
How is libtool updated in GCC?
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:06:03 +0100
- Subject: How is libtool updated in GCC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
libtool just released a new version to add support for OS X Yosemite (the old libtool had a poorly designed globbing pattern). It really is a one-line change (see https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63610#c7), but we need to incorporate it into the GCC code base and rebuild all our configureâs.
How is libtool handled in GCC? Do we import from upstream, or merge the changes that we need? It looks like itâs done manually and selectively, but Iâd like confirmation of that.