This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mt_allocator.cc assumes sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void *)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:59:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: mt_allocator.cc assumes sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void *)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <545CE038 dot 5000403 at oarcorp dot com> <545CE454 dot 1000201 at oracle dot com> <545CF9D3 dot 4090404 at oarcorp dot com> <CAH6eHdSPH73OKc7tuDN+tVWS9vkEqmyFVH-NbOy-ZfOnHPn7=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CE9C431B-D29F-4B7A-A558-56C60680D369 at oarcorp dot com> <C4E733F6-13E5-4CF4-BCE8-BAE1C556D5B9 at oarcorp dot com> <CAH6eHdSxzdnDFN3zzMtnjHcwo3QavN+ybH163Sz5791NsDKkpQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <545E7F35 dot 6000102 at oracle dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411101628540 dot 6767 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5460ECB3 dot 5080205 at oarcorp dot com>
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 10:32 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Nov 2014, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> >> Good. Sorry, if I missed some relatively recent development: is now GCC
> >> installing its own stdint.h on *all* the supported targets, thus we can safely
> > No; I sent a list of targets missing the information in
> > <https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-06/msg00248.html> (possibly out
> > of date now, but the goal there of unifying uint32_type_node and
> > c_uint32_type_node etc. still applies).
> I just submitted a patch using stdint.h and uintptr_t to gcc-patches.
> I think this fixes the code in a standard way. I don't know what to
> do about the list of targets you cited which don't support that.
Well, some of them may in fact have their own stdint.h provided by the OS,
or not use libstdc++, but if they use libstdc++ and don't have stdint.h,
the correct fix is for the OS maintainer to add the necessary GCC support
for providing stdint.h.
Joseph S. Myers