testing policy for C/C++ front end changes

Forgive me if this has been raised before -- I tried searching the archives but couldn't think of good keywords that would weed out unrelated posts....

I was checking the testing requirements for a C front end patch

https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#testing

and noticed that the policy is to require a complete bootstrap for C changes, but not for C++. Given that GCC's implementation language is now C++, isn't that backwards? I'm not trying to weasel out of the extra work for my patch, just curious if the web site guidelines have gotten bit-rotten after the switch to C++, or if the SC did indeed consider the issue already and the published policy is accurate.

-Sandra