Re: GCC 5.0 Status Report (2014-11-03), Stage 1 ends Nov 15th

Hello Jakub,

On Nov 3, 2014, at 10:18 , Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:
> The trunk is scheduled to transition from Stage 1 to Stage 3 at the end
> of Saturday, November 15th (use your timezone to your advantage)
> What larger merges are still planned for GCC 5?

> What else have been people working
> on and can get posted for review before stage1 closes?

We (AdaCore) are planning to submit a new port for inclusion.  The assignment
paperwork is just being finalized. There's essentially a new config directory,
no core change, so should be suitable for stage 3 as well.

Apart from this, we have been working on the production of standard dwarf
instead of ad-hoc encodings for more Ada constructs. The first patches were
submitted for review and you have provided very useful feedback already.
Improvements were proposed and my understanding is that this is just pending
a final round of review

  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-10/msg02217.html

We have a few followup patches on top of this one. Would be great if we could
get some of these in, and we'll be happy to submit at least the first pieces
for review. I understand this will be tight though and we'll wait until the
next stage1 for whatever remains.

Otherwise, still pending review is a correction to fix unwinding
on the e500 series of powerpc:

  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-10/msg03264.html

(this could be stage3 or even 4 IMO).

Thanks a lot for your help!