This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Adjusted VRP
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Marat Zakirov <m dot zakirov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Maksim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:16:04 +0300
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Adjusted VRP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5451093F dot 2090905 at samsung dot com> <CAFiYyc1p71zTqrr0kxyadGJVxqVby6A+SA6=PeVRkGVM-qsBaQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/30/2014 01:27 PM, Richard Biener wrote:
Well, VRP is not path-insensitive - it is the value-ranges we are able
to retain after removing the ASSERT_EXPRs VRP inserts.
Why can't you do the ASAN optimizations in the VRP transform phase?
I think this is not Asan-specific: Marat's point was that allowing
basic-block-precise ranges would generally allow middle-end to produce