RE: selective linking of floating point support for *printf / *scanf

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I changed the target hook somehow so that more code run in the backend
> since depending on the target (avr-libc Vs newlib) two different schemes
> are used: printf -> iprintf renaming or defining _printf_float as a
> global symbol. I thus renamed the target hook to match such a usage.
>
> The proposed patch is attached to this email (otherwise it would be
> mangled).

I'm not clear if you're proposing such a patch for review, but note:

(a) you mean DEF_EXT_LIB_BUILTIN (since asprintf and vasprintf aren't in
ISO C);

(b) please don't add new target macros such as
CUSTOM_STDI_WEAK_SYM_PATTERN and CUSTOM_STDO_WEAK_SYM_PATTERN (if
something is defined in tm_defines and used in architecture-independent
code, it's effectively a target macro), find a way to implement these as
hooks instead.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com