This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Detect most integer overflows.
- From: Hannes Frederic Sowa <hannes at stressinduktion dot org>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gnu dot org" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:43:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Detect most integer overflows.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131026192912 dot GA25428 at domone dot podge> <20131026235014 dot GF18009 at order dot stressinduktion dot org> <CAFiYyc0+wTbE1FwwLscquWvoEtM6JQw4p5qhnhBmGtVCMkx9fQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140411225345 dot GQ16157 at order dot stressinduktion dot org> <20140417142006 dot GA30062 at domone dot podge> <20140422115800 dot GP7787 at order dot stressinduktion dot org> <20141023082354 dot GH10501 at redhat dot com>
On Do, 2014-10-23 at 10:23 +0200, Marek Polacek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 01:58:00PM +0200, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> > I'll play around and will post a new patch in the not too distant
> > future. ;)
> Are you still planning on posting the revised patch? Perhaps I could
> take and finish the patch, but I don't think I can do that because you
> don't have a copyright assignment with FSF.
I still have it on my radar and implemented multiplication checking some
I rebased the patch 1-2 months ago and something broke with folding but
I hadn't enough time to have a closer look.
Anyway, if you want to work on the patch that would be awesome! I can
try to resolve the missing paper work with the FSF ASAP if that blocks
you from working on it.