Re: [Consult] g++: About "-Wunused-variable" for constant variable initialized by function

On 10/22/2014 09:44 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 22 October 2014 02:46, Chen Gang <gang.chen.5i5j@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Aftr trying, I can not make a new account for gcc bugzilla.
>>
>>  - Before file a bug, it is mandatory to have an acount.
>>
>>  - I try to register a new account on the website, it said that need
>>    send mail to overseers@gcc.gnu.org.
>>
>>  - I sent related mail to overseers@gcc.gnu.org, but get no response.
>>
>> Need I wait for some days? or could any member help to file this bug to
>> gcc bugzilla?
>>
>> And whether it is OK or not, I shall try to analyze this issue directly,
>> I should try to finish it within 2014-10-31 (although I am really not
>> quite sure about it).
>
> I thought we'd established this is not a bug.

OK, thanks. I guess your meaning is that this warning is only for
optimization (let user notice to speed up performance and save code size
), not for correctness, so:

 - it is reasonable to report warning when user requires optimization
   (-O1|2|3|s).

 - and also, need not report warning when user do not need optimization
   (-O0).

If what I guess is correct, at least for me, it sounds reasonable, and
welcome any other members' ideas, suggestions or completions.

Thanks
--
Chen Gang

Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed