This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Towards GNU11
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:40:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Towards GNU11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141007210756 dot GA1002 at redhat dot com> <A532AAEB-6B82-4467-B74D-2F36525C5F19 at comcast dot net>
On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 02:34:51PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2014, at 2:07 PM, Marek Polacek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > I'd like to kick off a discussion about moving the default standard
> > for C from gnu89 to gnu11.
> I endorse the change of default.
Thanks for chiming in.
> A wiki page that has the types of changes people hit in real code with how to fix it, would be useful, helpful. Might be nice to have this in the document, but, donât know if people want to do that much work. The wiki site is nice, as if others do world builds, then can add what ever they hit in easily, which then makes that even more complete. This is a nice to have, I donât think the work going in should be gated on this.
Yeah. I plan to write something into the "porting to" document.
> Two comment:
> Thank you for all your hard work.
> Yes please.
Thank you very much!