This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Towards GNU11
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:34:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Towards GNU11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141007210756 dot GA1002 at redhat dot com>
On Oct 7, 2014, at 2:07 PM, Marek Polacek <email@example.com> wrote:
> I'd like to kick off a discussion about moving the default standard
> for C from gnu89 to gnu11.
I endorse the change of default.
> The things I had to fix in the testsuite nicely reflect what we can expect
> in the real life:
A wiki page that has the types of changes people hit in real code with how to fix it, would be useful, helpful. Might be nice to have this in the document, but, don’t know if people want to do that much work. The wiki site is nice, as if others do world builds, then can add what ever they hit in easily, which then makes that even more complete. This is a nice to have, I don’t think the work going in should be gated on this.
Thank you for all your hard work.