This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Towards GNU11
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:25:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Towards GNU11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141007210756 dot GA1002 at redhat dot com> <5435F56C dot 5090605 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:39:40PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> I like it. And one could reasonably argue that now is the time to change
> since that maximizes the time for folks to find broken code.
Yep, this is definitely stage1 stuff. We still have a few weeks, but
I wouldn't want to rush such a change in the nick of time.
> I'd go so far as to conditionally approve -- if other maintainers don't
> shout out in the next week or so against, then I feel this should go
Thanks. I will wait at least until the end of next week.
I'd like to hear from Joseph ;).
> I know it's really early, but a "porting to ..." document ought to be
> started and have something in it about these changes. Both how to fix the
> broken code or how to go back to c89.
Absolutely. I'll start something up once it's in. I feel that
especially the inline semantics change should be addressed therein.