This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Tags out of gcc
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: adrian dot alexander dot may at gmail dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 06:17:52 EDT
- Subject: Re: Tags out of gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD-UbzHxHOe3e+Gt87ODQOwXQ0OQ86UPgw2p9KmDc-6G8fCZWg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I reckon it's a bad idea to make source browsing info with a separate
> program like cscope or etags. I reckon it's the compiler's job.
One of the issues with soure browsing is that you want to be able to do
it in the presence of syntax errors. That can make it harder for the
compiler to do it since it's usually not doing a robust parse in the
presense of errors.