This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: msan and gcc ?
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:42:38 +0400
- Subject: Re: msan and gcc ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <908103EDB4893A42920B21D3568BFD9315115A1A at MBX23 dot d dot ethz dot ch> <CACT4Y+a1B=epexGa0y0baESRKgpqC5r1T8gW91xRM8_4aW=zgw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=P9pi60ukXrdqhxWMwx=+fzwBGoC+Q_s6nkffGuTyFzoX9yg at mail dot gmail dot com> <908103EDB4893A42920B21D3568BFD9315116BFD at MBX23 dot d dot ethz dot ch> <542C40B9 dot 3070008 at moene dot org> <CAN=P9phVBJEtheexX+_vcPuNftAoc0mNTQKRP7eLx_Gfx=aQxg at mail dot gmail dot com> <542C4A19 dot 7030608 at moene dot org> <CAN=P9piDVLsDdODOdGMH4ZNi7MWunqE=9t_8mmk4ccDaaNnKwg at mail dot gmail dot com> <542CFF2A dot 2040403 at samsung dot com> <20141002073541 dot GA1986 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 10/02/2014 11:35 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 11:30:50AM +0400, Yury Gribov wrote:
On 10/01/2014 10:39 PM, Kostya Serebryany wrote:
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Toon Moene <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 10/01/2014 08:00 PM, Kostya Serebryany wrote:
Why not use clang then?
It offers many more nice features.
What's the Fortran front-end called for clang (or do you really think we are
going to write Weather Forecasting codes in C :-) )
Oh, crap. :)
Well, there's always f2c ;)
You mean for performance critical code? Fortran has different aliasing
rules than C, so it is hard to express those in C...
No-no, I only meant debugging.