Re: Listing a maintainer for libcilkrts, and GCC's Cilk Plus implementation generally?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:56:06PM +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:02:30 +0000, "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor.zamyatin@intel.com> wrote:
> > Jeff Law wrote:
> > > The original plan was for Balaji to take on this role; however, his assignment
> > > within Intel has changed and thus he's not going to have time to work on
> > > Cilk+ anymore.
> > >
> > > Igor Zamyatin has been doing a fair amount of Cilk+ maintenance/bugfixing
> > > and it might make sense for him to own it in the long term if he's interested.
> >
> > That's right.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Can I add 2 records (cilk plus and libcilkrts) to Various Maintainers section?
>
> I understand Jeff's email as a pre-approval of such a patch.

I think only SC can appoint maintainers, and while Jeff is in the SC,
my reading of that mail wasn't that it was the SC that has acked that, but
rather a question if Igor is willing to take that role, which then would
need to be acked by SC.

	Jakub