This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cgraph_node::verify - quite strong condition that was met by IPA-ICF
- From: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Martin LiÅka <mliska at suse dot cz>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:14:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: cgraph_node::verify - quite strong condition that was met by IPA-ICF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54247F98 dot 2000006 at suse dot cz> <20140925220003 dot GB2738 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAFiYyc0YgM=q9FhWyk8Nh+TQJ6LqqvN7M=f-6dyb4BUJ1nMfBw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:34:16AM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> Btw, isn't cgraph edge redirection a "transform" step? Thus why is
> it performed at WPA time at all? Shouldn't it be performed at LTRANS
> time the same time we materialize clones and inline?
No, not really, changing the callee of an edge is how at WPA stage we
record the decision to redirect the given call to a different target
(an ipa-cp clone or now a semantic equivalent). The gimple statement
change (which is the real "transform" here I suppose) is done at
LTRANS but is verified like it was an ipa-cp redirection and fails.