This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Denormals and underflow control (gradual vs. aburpt) in soft-fp library
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:08:38 +0200
- Subject: Denormals and underflow control (gradual vs. aburpt) in soft-fp library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Joseph, is there any support for underflow control in soft-fp library?
>From a private correspondence with FX about implementing gfortran IEEE
support for extended modes, soft-fp that implements 128bit support on
x86 could read this setting from FPU control registers and handle
This would complement existing SSE handling of 32bit and 64bit FP
values and would probably have non-negligible effect on soft-fp