This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: Building gcc-4.9 on OpenBSD
- From: Ian Grant <ian dot a dot n dot grant at googlemail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:38:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Building gcc-4.9 on OpenBSD
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKFjmdzLbwLhYoNA3vg3LfWE_jbeq8npheNX6nGtOh--Tp-14g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKFjmdxKZBXXLXVqVR7pE6hmOfmF=8HdCV2gqJC6GxJ3822MMw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140918212226 dot GA18317 at tin dot tmux dot org> <CAKFjmdxGT91cA2F+OmpHr=aBWgUhzX7NV8r-XmzZg_8kNKh3cw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Ian Grant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Tobias Ulmer <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 01:26:48PM -0400, Ian Grant wrote:
>> > The reason I'm doing this is that I want to understand why the total
>> > size of the binaries grew from around 10MB (gcc v 4.5) to over 70MB in
>> > 4.9
>> There is indeed a problem with huge binaries on OpenBSD/arm, which I've
>> not yet figured out, but i386/amd64/sparc64 are fine.
> I don't have huge binaries (c.f. "Buster Gonad and his Infeasibly Large Testicles") on Open BSD. I have them on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 ian3 ian3 64M 2014-08-03 01:18 cc1
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 ian3 ian3 65M 2014-08-03 01:18 cc1obj
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 ian3 ian3 68M 2014-08-03 01:18 cc1plus
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 ian3 ian3 1.8M 2014-08-03 01:18 collect2
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 ian3 ian3 65M 2014-08-03 01:18 f951
>> Are you trying to build gcc from the vanilla sources? If so, you're in
>> for a treat...
> I didn't know there was chocolate source! Where is it?! And why is it a secret?