Re: Fwd: Building gcc-4.9 on OpenBSD

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Ian Grant wrote:
>
>> And is there any way to disable the Intel library?

> --disable-libcilkrts (same as the other libs)
> If it explicitly doesn't support your system, I am a bit surprised it isn't
> disabled automatically, that seems like a bug.

Not necessarily a bug, but it would have been good if the --help
option had mentioned it. I looked, really. Perhaps I missed it though.
So many options for disabling one thing or another ....

> Please don't call it "the Intel library", that doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't it? How did you know what 'it' was then? Or is that a stupid
question? This identity concept is much slipperier than it seems at
first, isn't it?

How about my question about the size of the binaries? Is that 60+MB
what other systems show? What is the extra function 4.9 has over 4.5
to which I'm dedicating 50MB of disk? Warning messages?

Ian