This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offloading not relocatable
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:42:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Offloading not relocatable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140917142141 dot GI17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140917161125 dot GO17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140917162218 dot GP17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <5419B73A dot 4030506 at codesourcery dot com> <CADG=Z0FaYHg4_nm6nE5p9mHSXnALv-8C=4tKzAoK_knxMDRoAQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 09/17/2014 06:39 PM, Ilya Verbin wrote:
Yeah, I got that all these prefixes are not working with modified
DESTDIR. Iâll fix mkoffload.
2014-09-17 20:30 GMT+04:00 Bernd Schmidt <email@example.com>:
That's also a solved problem in nvptx mkoffload - you do need to unset these
environment variables when invoking the target compiler. I've posted the
source a few times but here it is again.
I see there:
Or do you mean, that there is no need to set them to the new values
before invoking the target compiler?
Exactly - you need to unset them before calling x86-accel-nvptx-gcc, but
that driver has its own logic to find its binaries, so nothing else is
necessary. You need to know where to find x86-accel-nvptx-gcc, and that
can be done by examining COMPILER_PATH.