Re: Offloading not relocatable

On 09/17/2014 06:22 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

which presumably means that some undesirable vars from host environment
were kept by mkoffload in the environment for the offloading compiler
and that has the undesirable effect of affecting how the offloading
compiler driver works.  Because, if I invoke
/usr/local/bin/x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu-g++ manually, it can find cc1plus
just fine.

unset GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
in the /usr/local/bin/x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu-g++ script somewhat helps,
presumably mkoffload shouldn't export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX env var when
calling the driver, as it should be driver's business to find everything
else on its own.

That's also a solved problem in nvptx mkoffload - you do need to unset these environment variables when invoking the target compiler. I've posted the source a few times but here it is again.

Bernd