This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offloading not relocatable
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:02:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Offloading not relocatable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140917142141 dot GI17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140917144211 dot GJ17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 09/17/2014 04:42 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
mkoffload should make similar attempts to find the offloading compiler
driver. It should try (relative to mkoffload binary) probably:
(why does it try g++ and not gcc btw?), then perhaps:
(so that one can e.g. put a symlink next to mkoffload and point it wherever needed)
and perhaps as last fallback, try to execute x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu-g++
from PATH env var.
It should be easier - the nvptx mkoffload examines COLLECT_GCC for a
path, and uses that if it's available (otherwise relying on PATH). I
don't know what the mic offload is doing, I haven't looked yet.