This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc parallel make check
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>, VandeVondele Joost <joost dot vandevondele at mat dot ethz dot ch>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:08:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc parallel make check
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410381512 dot 28338 dot 9 dot camel at surprise> <20140910210822 dot GK17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140910212334 dot GL17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140911075123 dot GN17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140911080640 dot GP17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140911145300 dot GR17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <908103EDB4893A42920B21D3568BFD93150F876D at MBX23 dot d dot ethz dot ch> <20140911172637 dot GT17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140911181907 dot GV17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <148669a0920 dot 2760 dot 0f39ed3bcad52ef2c88c90062b7714dc at gmail dot com> <20140911221535 dot GY17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Sep 11, 2014, at 3:15 PM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> That is news to me, but given the amount of test -a/-o uses e.g. in
> gcc/configure and hundreds of places, I'd say what we care is what is more
> portable to old shells.
No, we can’t care about that. If that were true, the _ && _ in the compiler source would have been fixed. Since it has not, then trivially it is portable enough. One day someone will come along and fixup the -a and -o instances for us. && should be preferred.