This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: printf format warning when sizeof(float) == sizeof(double)
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:42:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: printf format warning when sizeof(float) == sizeof(double)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <541096AC dot 906 at oarcorp dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1409102038250 dot 21930 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On September 10, 2014 3:40:05 PM CDT, "Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> We have a few RTEMS BSPs which use CPUs where float, double,
>> and long double are the same. This triggers the printf format
>> warning because promoting float to double results in float.
>That was PR c/35649, which should be fixed in 4.9.
Thanks for the quick reply. The targets in question were using 4.8. I will check this on the head once my build completes.