This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Increase the size of allocated memory space for basic blocks
- From: Yue Chen <ychen dot contact at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:00:18 -0400
- Subject: Increase the size of allocated memory space for basic blocks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I need to do a research project that inserts instructions (e.g., JMP)
after each basic block at runtime of a program (when the program is
already loaded into memory).
I believe first I should allocate more memory space for each basic
block in order to put the extra instructions, when the program is
Could anyone tell me how to implement it in GCC for x86 platform?
E.g., which functions or data structures or materials for GCC I should
look at or refer to.
I really appreciate your kind help.