Re: Some questions about pass web

On 09/03/14 02:35, Steven Bosscher wrote:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Bin.Cheng wrote:
Last time I tried, there are several passes after loop_done and before
auto-inc-dec can't handle auto-increment addressing mode, including
fweb.

It surprises me that pass_web can't handle AUTOINC. Perhaps I'm off my
rocker, but it's always been my understanding that almost all passes
handle AUTOINC just fine (or at least conservatively: punt if you see
an AUTOINC), and that only CSE really doesn't know about AUTOINC at
all.
In the past autoinc instructions didn't appear until flow (just prior to combine) and that was documented behaviour. So anything which was run strictly prior to flow/combine wasn't autoinc aware. That may have changed somewhat with the autoinc rewrite.

jeff