Re: Account creation disabled on GCC Bugzilla

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:49:33AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Richard Biener <richard.guenther@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello!

> >> We can also avoid archiving bugs with "spam" component to gcc-bugs@ ML.
> >
> > That would indeed remove one incentive of the spammers (bump up
> > google search results by adding referers).
>
> You'd still get the initial bug creation message, so it wouldn't change
> much.

Well, we could remove (or replace with some different mail from a template
telling the PR was a spam) even the initial mails for the spam/ component
PRs in the archive afterwards.  It is just the txt/ and html files plus
perhaps adjusting the subject, or perhaps just adding one <meta ... >
line to those msg*.html corresponding to spam/ bugs?
or so?  Are they ever regenerated or are they just created once and
unmodified ever since?

	Jakub