This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Account creation disabled on GCC Bugzilla
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Frédéric Buclin <LpSolit at netscape dot net>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, overseers at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:10:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: Account creation disabled on GCC Bugzilla
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54044C0D dot 90205 at netscape dot net>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 12:35:57PM +0200, Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> I again disabled account creation on GCC Bugzilla due to spammers being
> still very active. 117 user accounts have been created since yesterday.
> 102 have been identified as spammers and have been disabled. For the
> remaining 15 accounts, I have no evidence that they are spammers. At
> least one of these 15 accounts is valid, so I don't want to blindly
> disable them all, see https://pastebin.mozilla.org/6263691 for the list
> of still enabled accounts.
> 311 bugs have been created on GCC Bugzilla since yesterday. Only 2 are
> valid bugs. The remaining 309 ones are all spam and have been moved into
> the 'spam' component and marked as INVALID.
Thanks. Would e.g. captcha on account creation help?