Re: selective linking of floating point support for *printf / *scanf

On 08/29/2014 09:51 AM, Grissiom wrote:
>> Yes, it does.  The namespace reserved for the implementation is _[_A-Z].
>>  The namespace _[a-z] is still available for the user.  Which means the
>> user can declare their own _printf_float, and WE (as the implementation)
>> MUST NOT INTERFERE with it.  Since WE are the implementation, we should
>> use the namespace reserved for us, namely __printf_float.
>>

> You mean _[_a-z] (lower case) is the namespace reserved for implementation,
> right?

No, I spoke correctly.  The namespace reserved for the implementation is
all double underscores, and all single underscore followed by a capital.
 Single underscore followed by a lower case is NOT reserved for the
implementation, and is therefore free for use by the user, and therefore
the implementation must not interfere with the user's use of that namespace.