This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: record_component_aliases will not record the bases with no field declaration
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: lin zuojian <manjian2006 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:12:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: record_component_aliases will not record the bases with no field declaration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140829095006 dot GA27020 at ubuntu>
On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM, lin zuojian <email@example.com> wrote:
> record_component_aliases only handle fields of a record type, and
> would ignore the base of this record if the base has no field
> Is this a bug or on purpose?
It's on purpose as you can't "access" that base and thus the base is
meaningless for alias analysis.
> Lin Zuojian