This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
--with-sse2 by default (was: GCC version bikeshedding)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Geert Bosch <boschg at mac dot com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:43:03 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: --with-sse2 by default (was: GCC version bikeshedding)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <69CD9B8D-EEF5-4A53-8473-30F98FD1E264 at mac dot com>
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Geert Bosch wrote:
> Can we use the switch to 5.0, a supposedly stable C++11 ABI etc,
> also as an excuse to finally configure for --with-sse2 by default
> for 32-bit x86? Maybe then we can finally retire PR 323 and its
> dozens of duplicates...
I did not see a response to this, and think we should consider it.