This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc source
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Tomsy Paul <tomsypaul at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:40:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc source
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOWk_Z4vEdUuj8YMK7vnaOkphx7X8dNZuG7rw-pH9n+AWVeTuA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Tomsy Paul <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I am designing a new language. I hope I can customize the front end of
> gcc to suit my language. I am comfortable with lex & yacc. I went
> through the source code of gcc but could not locate any lex or yacc
> source file.
> I prefer to modify the C compiler.
> Can you please explain the source file organisation of gcc?
Yes GCC uses a custom top-down parser for the C parser (and the C++
> Tomsy Paul,
> Research Scholar,
> School of Engg.,
> CUSAT, India.