Re: LTO inhibiting dwarf lexical blocks output

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/18/14 07:31, Richard Biener wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Richard Biener
>> <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>>       For the rest them on the floor instead of ICEing in dwarf2out.c.
>>> */
>

> Should that read "For the rest, drop them on the floor..."???

Yes.  Btw, debugging works quite well with LTO and C(-like) source,
it's only when you start using C++ and its features that it breaks
down completely due to missing langhooks.  Like for example
the libstdc++ pretty-printers not working.  For example in
free_lang_data_in_type we drop all FUNCTION_DECLs from
TYPE_FIELDS (so you don't have any methods anymore).
Such stuff is also a reason why free-lang-data runs only with -flto,
otherwise we'd break debug info for non-LTO.  So clearly the
dwarf for types and decls we apply free_lang_data_in_X to has
to be emitted before we do that.

Richard.