This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LTO inhibiting dwarf lexical blocks output
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:12:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: LTO inhibiting dwarf lexical blocks output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53EE66B1 dot 7040105 at redhat dot com> <CABu31nOspsrCyAJt6dntdFZpq9iQVKOw=Vr0TLDKW3OJ0==VkQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Isn't the only real solution: to generate this kind of DIEs earlier
(maybe already immediately after parsing) and stream them?
Ultimately yes, and that's what I hope to work on, but I was mostly
curious because at stream out time, the information *is* there, and we
silently dropped it.