This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditional negation elimination in tree-ssa-phiopt.c
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:56:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: Conditional negation elimination in tree-ssa-phiopt.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E8C81B dot 1070303 at arm dot com>
On 08/11/14 07:41, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
Yea, it'd just be a workaround, but it's probably the easiest way to
deal with this problem. Can you describe in further detail why you
weren't able to get this to work?
I haven't been able to get combine to match the comparison+xor+neg+plus
RTL and it seems like it would be just a workaround to undo the
What is the most acceptable way of disabling this transformation for a
target that has a conditional negation instruction?
In general, we don't want target dependencies in the gimple/ssa optimizers.