Re: -x assembler-with-cpp behavior different on different unixes.

Hi Karel,

>>> With Solaris 9 support gone on mainline, this can be revisited now, but
>>> this won't change anything for released versions.
>>
>> What shall I do for this to be at least considered?
>
> Nothing: it's already on my agenda to fix this for 4.10/5.0, thanks to
> your report :-)  The only thing one could possibly do for older releases
> is to restrict passing -P to Sun as, but given the niche case that
> triggers this, this is almost certainly too invasive for a micro
> release.

it turns out I spoke too soon: the Solaris 10 FCS assembler still cannot
handle # line directives.  It seems this only came in patch 119961-03.
Given that passing -P didn't cause other issues so far, I fear removing
that will have to wait until S10 support is removed.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University