GIMPLE optimization passes: any Road Map?

Dear GCC Developers!

Could you please clarify about GIMPLE loop passes?

Where could I find the latest changes in these passes? Is it trunk or
some of the branches? May I look at some RoadMap on GIMPLE loop
optimizations?

Actually, I ask these questions because I would like to contribute to
GCC. GIMPLE optimizations would be interesting to me (in particular,
loop optimizations).

However, Iâm newbie at GCC and have not enough time, so would not
commit to manage a task which is on the critical path.

So it would be great if you could advise some tasks, which could be
useful to gcc in some future, however nobody will miss if I canât do
it (as you had not time/people for these tasks anyway :) ).

Thank you!

Evgeniya