This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Could you please clarify about GCC optimizations?
- From: Evgeniya Maenkova <evgeniya dot maenkova at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 16:18:23 +0400
- Subject: Could you please clarify about GCC optimizations?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear GCC Developers!
May I ask you regarding how you make a decision whether implement some
optimization or not?
As far as I know, there are so many configurations (frontends x
backends x applications(benchmarks) x etc), that the same optimization
could improve performance in one configuration and degrade at other
What performance tests do you perform before including an optimization
in GCC? How do you aggregate the results (taking into account
different behavior on different frontend/backend/benchmarks)?
Excuse me, if some information is available in GCC documentation,
didnât found so far.