This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Paul_Koning at dell dot com
- Cc: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, david dot gero at exfo dot com, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 22:48:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7C1656AD8D3DFA4984FB39574B9896FD0AA628CD at SPQCMBX01 dot exfo dot com> <1F92E914-4F42-4AEC-952B-008D74E0D6C9 at dell dot com> <53E27B1F dot 9070103 at oracle dot com> <20E49B41-6ACF-4F48-891D-9EE8EBC9C6D0 at dell dot com>
On 6 August 2014 20:12, <Paul_Koning@dell.com> wrote:
> But the preferred answer in my mind is to get rid of this thing and go back to displaying the whole page. If you do want to keep the subset thing, at least make it NOT the default.
IIRC that causes timeouts when the site is busy, because it has to
fetch a lot of information about a lot of files.
Only showing a subset of files is an OK compromise, but the UI could
be much better. Complaining about it here is pointless though.