This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- From: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: David Gero <david dot gero at exfo dot com>, "Paul_Koning at Dell dot com" <Paul_Koning at Dell dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:55:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7C1656AD8D3DFA4984FB39574B9896FD0AA628CD at SPQCMBX01 dot exfo dot com> <1F92E914-4F42-4AEC-952B-008D74E0D6C9 at dell dot com> <53E27B1F dot 9070103 at oracle dot com> <7C1656AD8D3DFA4984FB39574B9896FD0AA628F7 at SPQCMBX01 dot exfo dot com> <53E28351 dot 7010101 at oracle dot com>
On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 21:34 +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 08/06/2014 09:19 PM, David Gero wrote:
> > Wow. What an amazingly unintuitive widget. I looked all over the page
> > for a "Next 25 files" button. A "Go To" button that doesn't talk about
> > next 25 files meant nothing. ViewVC used to display all the files.
> > This is a giant leap backward in the User Interface.
> AFAIK the tool is neither part of GCC neither part of the GNU Project,
> GCC is simply using it. Thus my guess would be that somebody installed
> an updated version which, together with a number of improvements, has
> also this questionable change. Personally, I don't have a strong
> opinion, but since you guys have one, I would recommend getting in
> contact with the authors of the tool, contribute ideas, maybe code too.
It seems this behavior can be configured 'use_pagesize = 0'
See also: http://oss.segetech.com/bugz-svn-wiki/viewvc.conf
This page limit thing is really ... argh ...