This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: David Gero <david dot gero at exfo dot com>, "Paul_Koning at Dell dot com" <Paul_Koning at Dell dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 21:34:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: ViewVC is broken on your web site
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7C1656AD8D3DFA4984FB39574B9896FD0AA628CD at SPQCMBX01 dot exfo dot com> <1F92E914-4F42-4AEC-952B-008D74E0D6C9 at dell dot com> <53E27B1F dot 9070103 at oracle dot com> <7C1656AD8D3DFA4984FB39574B9896FD0AA628F7 at SPQCMBX01 dot exfo dot com>
On 08/06/2014 09:19 PM, David Gero wrote:
Wow. What an amazingly unintuitive widget. I looked all over the page
for a "Next 25 files" button. A "Go To" button that doesn't talk about
next 25 files meant nothing. ViewVC used to display all the files.
This is a giant leap backward in the User Interface.
AFAIK the tool is neither part of GCC neither part of the GNU Project,
GCC is simply using it. Thus my guess would be that somebody installed
an updated version which, together with a number of improvements, has
also this questionable change. Personally, I don't have a strong
opinion, but since you guys have one, I would recommend getting in
contact with the authors of the tool, contribute ideas, maybe code too.