This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:44:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <201407291845 dot 14107 dot ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr> <CAKOQZ8whj_m9yjYVdX_p24ocV25VRZwwmTf=VvGjEoxNeHbxSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <201408060925 dot 48414 dot ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr> <20140806074223 dot GY7393 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:25:48AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> > What do you propose that we do?
>> Probably just jump to 5.0 (or 5.1) without the subsequent acceleration.
> That was my preference too.
What singles out 5.0 to warrant an increase in the major number?
If we don't change then please stay at 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, etc.