This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AArch64] Usage of FP regs whe only GP regs are allowed
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 09:40:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Usage of FP regs whe only GP regs are allowed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <016d01cfb034$31756980$94603c80$ at samsung dot com>
On 04/08/14 23:34, Evandro Menezes wrote:
I noticed that when -mgeneral-regs-only FP registers are still used by the
LRA for spilling. Though in rare cases I saw an ICE because of it, even
when it works it seems to me that the compiler should follow the desires of
If you've noticed that mgeneral-regs-only causes the use of FP registers
that is a bug and needs to be fixed. Please file a proper bug report
with an actual testcase that can be of use for someone to recreate the
I filed PR 62014 and posted there a patch to address this issue and restrict
the LRA from using FP registers if the user so desires.
Please send patches to the mailing list. I think however in this case
you are papering over the problem as explained in the PR.