Re: [AArch64] Usage of FP regs whe only GP regs are allowed

On 04/08/14 23:34, Evandro Menezes wrote:
I noticed that when -mgeneral-regs-only FP registers are still used by the
LRA for spilling.  Though in rare cases I saw an ICE because of it, even
when it works it seems to me that the compiler should follow the desires of
its user.

If you've noticed that mgeneral-regs-only causes the use of FP registers that is a bug and needs to be fixed. Please file a proper bug report with an actual testcase that can be of use for someone to recreate the problem.

I filed PR 62014 and posted there a patch to address this issue and restrict
the LRA from using FP registers if the user so desires.

Please send patches to the mailing list. I think however in this case you are papering over the problem as explained in the PR.

regards
Ramana