This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[AArch64] Usage of FP regs whe only GP regs are allowed
- From: Evandro Menezes <e dot menezes at samsung dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 17:34:01 -0500
- Subject: [AArch64] Usage of FP regs whe only GP regs are allowed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I noticed that when -mgeneral-regs-only FP registers are still used by the
LRA for spilling. Though in rare cases I saw an ICE because of it, even
when it works it seems to me that the compiler should follow the desires of
I filed PR 62014 and posted there a patch to address this issue and restrict
the LRA from using FP registers if the user so desires.
I still need to come up with a suitable test-case to add, but I'd appreciate
Evandro Menezes Austin, USA