This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
implement assembly variant routines for IEEE floating-point under libgcc
- From: Mallikarjun Goudar <mallikarjun dot gouda at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 12:08:59 +0530
- Subject: implement assembly variant routines for IEEE floating-point under libgcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
For cortex-m0 (armv6-m) target, i observed that ieee floating-point
functions under libgcc are implemented in C.
This takes lot of memory if one uses floating-point in their
applcations. I agree that usage of fp in cortex-m0 devices might be
I wanted to check if its good idea to implement these fp functions in
assembly. As we have already assembly variant functions for cortex-m4
It would be nice to port those to armv6-m. I have ported couple of
routines as an exercise. And results looked good. I see
improvement in size and speed. I ran some fp tests on hardware board
to see the performance.
I would be interested in porting remaining functions and contribute to
the community. I am open to discussion on this.
Please reply if you feel its good idea to implement this feature.
If anyone has already working on this, please let me know.