This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: About the most time consuming compiler process
- From: "Gengyulei (Gengyl)" <gengyulei at huawei dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:59:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: About the most time consuming compiler process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68F796C32E86164B912241DBB365994357E5B194 at SZXEMA501-MBS dot china dot huawei dot com> <53DA202E dot 20202 at redhat dot com>
Thank you for your answer. I compiled the android source codes.
发件人: Andrew Haley [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
发送时间: 2014年7月31日 18:54
收件人: Gengyulei (Gengyl); email@example.com
主题: Re: About the most time consuming compiler process
On 07/31/2014 11:25 AM, Gengyulei (Gengyl) wrote:
> How to explain it?
We can't. You haven't told us what is being parsed or even which language it's written in. Note that GCC's parsing pass isn't simply a parse: it has to build trees, which can be an expensive process.