This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: About the most time consuming compiler process
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: "Gengyulei (Gengyl)" <gengyulei at huawei dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:53:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: About the most time consuming compiler process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68F796C32E86164B912241DBB365994357E5B194 at SZXEMA501-MBS dot china dot huawei dot com>
On 07/31/2014 11:25 AM, Gengyulei (Gengyl) wrote:
> How to explain it?
We can't. You haven't told us what is being parsed or even which
language it's written in. Note that GCC's parsing pass isn't simply
a parse: it has to build trees, which can be an expensive process.