This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: SC: New MIPS maintainers needed
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:14:35 +0000
- Subject: RE: SC: New MIPS maintainers needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8738dt7drd dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <53CEE06C dot 3050202 at redhat dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320EB523B at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <CALehDX4JTFU3xE8ryzSe+2GJs1_fQhhb4wwrecNBERLTYF+_KA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Matthew Fortune
> <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> wrote:
> > Jeff Law <email@example.com> writes:
> >> On 07/22/14 06:56, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> >> > I'll need to step down as MIPS maintainer this weekend in order to
> >> avoid
> >> > a possible conflict of interest with a new job. SC: please could you
> >> > appoint some new maintainers to take over?
> >> We'll get the process started.
> >> Stepping down doesn't require you do do anything further than removing
> >> yourself as the listed maintainer for the MIPS port
> > Hi Richard,
> > Although I've only worked with you for a relatively short time I'd like
> > to thank you for all the help and guidance you have given. I'm sure the
> > MIPS community owes much to your stewardship over the years and I'm
> > certain that it has been appreciated.
> > Jeff:
> > Now that Richard has stood down as the MIPS maintainer can you
> > advise on the process for getting patches approved? Should we cc
> > any particular global maintainer or just post and allow someone to get
> > to it when they can?
> You can technically cc me on it, I've not been able to do a lot of
> work with gcc until recently, but I am now reading the list etc. Patch
> review will take a bit longer than Richard, he's very hard to replace.
My apologies, I knew you were a named MIPS maintainer but didn't know you
were able to work on the codebase again.
> I'm also down with you and Catherine being nominated for
> maintainership, you've both been doing a lot of work in the area and
> it makes some sense.