This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SC: New MIPS maintainers needed
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:56:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: SC: New MIPS maintainers needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8738dt7drd dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <53CEE06C dot 3050202 at redhat dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320EB523B at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Matthew Fortune
> Jeff Law <email@example.com> writes:
>> On 07/22/14 06:56, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> > I'll need to step down as MIPS maintainer this weekend in order to
>> > a possible conflict of interest with a new job. SC: please could you
>> > appoint some new maintainers to take over?
>> We'll get the process started.
>> Stepping down doesn't require you do do anything further than removing
>> yourself as the listed maintainer for the MIPS port
> Hi Richard,
> Although I've only worked with you for a relatively short time I'd like
> to thank you for all the help and guidance you have given. I'm sure the
> MIPS community owes much to your stewardship over the years and I'm
> certain that it has been appreciated.
> Now that Richard has stood down as the MIPS maintainer can you
> advise on the process for getting patches approved? Should we cc
> any particular global maintainer or just post and allow someone to get
> to it when they can?
You can technically cc me on it, I've not been able to do a lot of
work with gcc until recently, but I am now reading the list etc. Patch
review will take a bit longer than Richard, he's very hard to replace.
I'm also down with you and Catherine being nominated for
maintainership, you've both been doing a lot of work in the area and
it makes some sense.