This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
答复: Is there any possibility to parallel compilation in a single file?
- From: "Gengyulei (Gengyl)" <gengyulei at huawei dot com>
- To: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:27:53 +0000
- Subject: 答复: Is there any possibility to parallel compilation in a single file?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68F796C32E86164B912241DBB365994357E5AF8D at SZXEMA501-MBS dot china dot huawei dot com> <20140729082118 dot GC22904 at x4>
Thank you for your answer. I find the most time consuming process in compiling a file is the optimization of the cgraph nodes (execute all_passes),
This process is sequence, one node by one node. If we divide the cgraph nodes into unrelated forest, we can parallel it, is this way feasible?
发件人: Markus Trippelsdorf [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
发送时间: 2014年7月29日 16:21
收件人: Gengyulei (Gengyl)
主题: Re: Is there any possibility to parallel compilation in a single file?
On 2014.07.29 at 08:07 +0000, Gengyulei (Gengyl) wrote:
> Is there any possibility to parallel the compilation in a single file
> scope? For large application the compilation time is long, although
> we can parallel the process at the level of files, we still try to
> find a way to accelerate the compilation in a single file. Can we
> change some serial process into
> Parallel? Could you give me some advices? Thank you very much.
Compiling with -flto=<number of cores> and gcc-4.9 should help.